Healing Power of Art in Isolation
This summer, we’re kicking off the Healing Power of Art in Isolation exhibition at San Francisco’s Siy Gallery! We are bringing the Juried and People’s Choice Art Exhibition online due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Supporting our local artists is our key mission, along with supporting mental health awareness; and through this pandemic, we plan on doing just that—continuing to cultivate creativity and inspiring our community through the arts.
We are looking for art that has been inspired by, or created despite, Covid, quarantine and isolation. Twenty entries will be selected by our Siy Gallery juried team. The public will then vote for the top three on our Facebook and Instagram pages. The public voting will begin on September 4th and end on September 6th. We will announce the top three winners at 6pm PDT on Sunday, September 6th. The winning pieces will be featured on our website September 8th through November 30th, 2020.
REGISTRATION AND FEE DETAILS
Non-refundable entry fee:
Non-members: $30 for 1 - 3 entries
Siy Gallery members: $25 for 1 - 3 entries
- Limit three entries per person, 2-D only
- Artwork will be available for purchase
- A 50% commission will be collected on all sales
- We will donate 10% of our proceeds to Nami of San Mateo: https://namisanmateo.org/
- Entry fees must be paid at the time of registration
- All entries must be submitted online through CaFE
- Eligibility: All artists 17 years or older, from all origins.
- Media: All styles and subjects in 2-D, including drawings, paintings, printmaking, photography, digital art, works on paper, and mixed media. No video/film.
- Finalists will be judged by the Siy Gallery team on their JPEG entries and artist’s statements.
- August 31st, 2020 - Deadline to submit artwork
- September 4th, 2020 - Notification of juried selection by email; artwork will be posted online for public voting
- September 4th, 10am PDT to September 6th, 4pm PDT - People's Choice voting on Facebook and Instagram
- September 6th, 6pm PDT - Top three winners will be announced on the Siy Gallery website, Facebook and Instagram pages
- September 8th to November 30th, 2020 - Winning pieces exhibited online at https://siygallery.com/
- Juror’s and People’s Choice Awards:
- 1st Place = $200
- 2nd Place = $100
- 3rd Place = $50
- All winners will also receive one year of representation, as well as membership with Siy Gallery (worth $100)
- Membership includes:
- An Artist page that includes five art pieces showcased in our online store
- A written interview featured on our blog and social media
- A studio/artistic process video interview featured on our blog and social media
If interested in one or more of these artworks contact us at email@example.com
1st place Apeksha Argarwal’s “3 Nuns Crossing the Street” with 548 total votes
2nd place Erin Starr’s “Peace and Reflect” with 450 total votes
3rd place April Fitzpatrick’s “Lamp to my Feet, Light to my Path” with 377 total votes
We'd like to give a big (virtual) round of applause to our seventeen other finalists, and a big thank you to all of you for voting! We've loved seeing the beautiful outpouring of support for these talented artists.
Be sure to check back with Siy Gallery soon to see the winning artists' work for sale and interviews!